Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Boycott the Empire! (Waist)

Empire Waist, Definition: A type of dress or top where the waist line is raised above the natural waistline, sometimes as high as right below the bust. Best on slender-on-top or petite figures, the empire dress creates the illusion of length and camouflages a bottom-heavy figure or thick waist.

OK, Here is what I don't get. I have observed many different styles of ladies fashion in my day. I have seen the beautiful and sumptuous ladies of Playboy magazine in their cosmic slut wear. I have seen the Cosmo models in the latest "Does this make me look fat?" wear and finally I have seen the everyday beauty of ladies who know how to dress out of sheer instinct and always seem to look their best. So I ask this. Why do woman wear empire waists? the only people I've seen pull it off is someone who is size 0 and 12 years old. I have made the mistake a few times of asking if someone was pregnant. That's how I found out what it was called! Call me crazy, but what ever happened to the fashion forward? The stand on your car and shout to the heavens, "I will not stand for ugly clothes!". I want to start a Boycott the Empire campaign! Let's not let the fashion world make the same mistake as low cut jeans! I'm tired of seeing plumbers crack every time a woman drops her cellphone!

If I am acting like a typical man and I am wrong, (Not uncommon) then I need to be educated, ladies. I need some thoughts and would love to be swayed in the direction of understanding.

Everson

No comments:

Post a Comment